To provide value based education to the under- privileged children of the country.
To run an evening school to enlighten children with the importance of education and by imparting the three factored education (Character building, Nation building and Economic advantage giving) to all.
1. To make parents and children know the importance of being educated
2. To make every child must go to school
3. To teach every child, not only academics, but also how to develop a good character in turn how to become a good citizen for the nation
4. To strive for an all round development of the child – with basic qualities like leading, being part of a team and speaking well before others etc.,
The team of volunteers headed by a Project Leader is formed. The volunteers are divided into two groups- one group for Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the other for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday series.
The initial investment required for starting GyanBodh is low. Books are necessary for planning out the syllabus and prizes for the skill building sessions. A spacious room suiting the requirements (i.e. depending on the no of the students) and also with good the environmental conditions is selected. The place where children are taught is kept clean and well maintained and for that the team members themselves take the initiative with the help of the children to show the dignity of labor.
After finalizing the team and before starting formally with the activities at least two preliminary surveys are conducted to identify and get the children who need help. After those initial surveys the areas to be concentrated upon are determined. A rough estimate of the number of the students who are expected to turn up (depending on the response of the guardians and students) is then made and depending upon that an appropriate place is selected. Depending upon the availability, the volunteers they are assigned classes.
Regular sessions start with an assembly of all the students and Nirmaan volunteers, followed by an hour teaching and then concluded by closing sessions wherein the students are brought up to date with the current affairs which improve their general knowledge. Daily record of the attendance of students as well as volunteers is maintained. Also the record of the following personal details should be maintained like Fathers’ name and Occupation, school and medium of instruction as in English or Hindi or any regional language, class.
Skill building sessions are held once a week preferably on Saturdays which include various activities like the following
- Demonstrating simple science experiments and teaching them rudimentary geography with the help of maps. For science experiments the school books need to be consulted. Mostly the books describe certain simple activities that can be done easily.
- Various competitions like Painting, Drawing, races, etc are conducted and Prizes are given accordingly.
- Children movies are also shown.
- Students are encouraged to come forward and speak up before the others .
- These sessions are taken as opportunities to teach the students the importance of cleanliness, personal hygiene , hard work etc and stories and anecdotes are also told so as to make it more interesting and effective.
Place of Implementation and statistics:
|Place||No of beneficiaries|
|1||Gyan Vihar, Pilani, Rajasthan||80|
|2||Raila, a village near Pilani, Rajasthan||30|
|3||Zuari Nagar, Goa||Figures not confirmed|
|5||Yenkapally, Ranga Reddy Dist, Near Hyderabad, A.P||150|
|6||Vizayanagaram||Figures not confirmed|